© Photographed June 22, 2018
Pigeon Falls, Treampealeau County, Wisconsin
Ol' Mill Park
Pigeon Falls' first dam was built in 1867 by Cyrus H. Hine in 1930 it was replaced by the Sletteland Dam during 1999. The Pigeon Falls Lions Club headed up a "Save the Dam" project. The cost of this new dam was $500,000. The Village obtained a grant for $200,000. The remaining balance was raised from fund raisers, numerous private donations and the Village of Pigeon Falls.
Projected Completed in 2000
The marker is located at Ol' Mill Park and is accessible from southbound Ekern Street / U.S. Highway 53, just south of where it crosses Pigeon Creek, Pigeon Falls, Wisconsin 54758.
The marker is located in Pigeon Falls, Wisconsin.