© Photographed May 27, 2018
Kosciuszko Park, Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
The monument is located in the southwest corner of Kosciuszko Park, and is accessible from westbound West Lincoln Avenue, between South 7th Street (to the east) and South 10th Street (to the west), Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215.
Kosciuszko Monument Facts
- Created by Italian and American artist Gaetano Trentanove
- Placed October 1904 but not officially unveiled until June 18, 1905
- Moved to present location in 1951; unveiling celebration September 15, 1951.
- Restored and rededicated on November 11, 2013
by Karl Gottlieb Schweikart (about 1802).
Kościuszko is shown wearing the
Eagle of the Society of the Cincinnati,
awarded to him by General George Washington.
This media file is in the public domain;
click here for more information.
The statue is located at Kosciuszko Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin