© Photographed August 6, 2016
Erected by Florence County Historical Society
Florence, Florence County, Wisconsin
Fulmer - Sells House
209 Central Avenue
David and Lottie Fulmer built this 3 story [sic] prairie school
home of nearly 5000 sq.ft. [sic] after success in timber.
D.A. Max and Nellie Selis purchased it in 1904.
Their daughter Verie became the first woman circuit court
judge in WI and she lived in it until her death in 1940.
Their attorney son Arthur built the large white home
one block east in the 30's.
In the 60's it was a convalescent home. In the 70's it was
Dr. Sommers [sic] family residence. Vacant and very
deteriorated, Don and Rachel Egelseer bought it in 2000 from
the Marlene Dahlgren estate. After ground up restoration,
Maxsells Restaurant and Suites B&B opened
Sept. 27, 2006.
The home and carriage house are situated on entire block
#24 with 325 feet of frontage on Fisher Lake. It has a
mission staircase, stained glass windows, arched
bookcases, and [sic] many say, the most beautiful master suite
in the northwoods.
Wisconsin Register August 23, 2013
National Historic Register May 5, 2014
The marker is located on the grounds of Maxsells Restaurant & Suites, and is accessible from eastbound Central Avenue / U.S. Route 2 / 141, east of its intersection with Vulcan Street, at or near 209 Central Avenue, Florence Wisconsin 54121.
Maxsells Restaurnat & Suites
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
The marker is located to the right of the building,
near the American flag.
The property's Fisher Lake frontage.
The Fulmer - Sells home and marker are located
in Florence, Wisconsin.