Quarry Park

© Photographed June 18 and July 16, 2016
Oskhosh, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.003126, -88.560381
44°00'11.2"N 88°33'37.4"W

Quarry Park
Quarry Park consists of property from three adjacent quarries dating back to the 19th century. William Faber's Oshkosh Stone Company, 50 feet deep, was the last quarry to close, in 1954. That year the city ordered the quarries fenced. The city bought or leased most of the land for sanitary landfills by 1962. The three landfills were filled by 1968 and plans were made for grading, fencing and adding park facilities. 
The marker is located at the Quarry Park parking lot and is accessible from eastbound Florida Avenue, east of its intersection with Knapp Street, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54902.

The marker is included in the Oshkosh Parks Historical Markers series.  

 The marker, in the distance next to the building on the right,
is located at Quarry Park in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment