© Photographed October 11, 2015
Erected by The DeKoven Center
Racine, Racine County, Wisconsin
GREAT HALL AND ASSEMBLY HALL
Originally called the Refectory, the Great Hall was built adjacent to Kemper Hall in 1871 to provide a separate dining hall for the college. The arched entrances and windows and vaulted ceiling are typical of the Gothic Revival style. Stained glass windows donated by the college's graduating classes illuminate the dining hall.the Assembly Hall and Recitation Rooms were built adjacent to Park Hall in 1872, along with what was described as "The Central Structure" at that time. This completed the east side of the quadrangle, unbroken except by an archway in the center.
Great Hall and Assembly Hall is located on the campus of The DeKoven Center, located at
Click here to view all markers located at The DeKoven Center.
The marker is adjacent to the arched entrance on the west side of the building.
The east side of the building.
The Buildings of Racine College (1876)
The Great Hall and Assembly Hall is visible front and center in this sketch.
View of Lake Michigan, directly across from entrance to The DeKoven Center.
The Gymnasium and Natatorium is located on the grounds
of The DeKoven Center in Racine, Wisconsin.