Ephraim, Door County, Wisconsin
Ephraim Moravian Church is located on northbound Moravia Street, north of its intersection of Water Street South / Wisconsin Highway 42, at 9970 Moravia Street, Ephraim, Wisconsin 54211.
History of the Ephraim Moravian Church
The church was founded by Norwegian immigrant Andreas Iverson. Originally located on the shore of Lake Michigan, the church was moved to its present location in 1883.
The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
See also, The First Church in Door County, a nearby related marker.
Reverend Iverson's painting of the church at its original location.
with Eagle Island top left.
Reverend Iverson and his wife
The church hosts an annual cemetery walk
at nearby Ephraim Moravian Cemetery.