© Photographed August 14, 2015
Erected 1915 by Chas. O. Baer Camp No. 3
Appleton, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
as a memorial to those
who for love of country
rallied to the flag.
The memorial is located adjacent to the east parking lot at Pierce Park, Appleton, Wisconsin 54914.
NOTE: The entrance to Pierce Park is located at the intersection of South Pierce Avenue and West Prospect Avenue.
The memorial was originally placed at Soldiers Square, at the intersection of Soldiers Street and South Morrison Street, in downtown Appleton. The memorial initially included two cannons, but they were lost in the scrap drive in 1943.
The east side of the memorial.
The south side of the memorial.
Something's been removed from this platform . . .
With the parking lot to access the memorial visible in the distance.
The memorial is located at Pierce Park in Appleton, Wisconsin.