© Photographed May 23, 2015
Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
The Jammer is a horse powered derrick for lifting and loading logs. This Jammer is believed to have been used to load logs onto railroad cars since it had a long 28 ft. boom. The boom has been shortened to 20 feet due to display limitations. We are quite certain this Jammer was last used at the new Dells Lumber company in the present Oxford Avenue area.It is interesting to note that the term "Jammer" is one of the names that has survived to the present day logging industry. The Clam Shell Hydraulic Loaders mounted on the back of today's logging trucks are called Jammers.
The marker is located at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum, located at Carson Park, accessible from East Half Moon Drive, between Carson Park Drive (to the south) and Pavilion Drive (to the north), at or near 1110 Carson Park Drive, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701.
NOTE: Carson Park is on an island in Half Moon Lake; East Half Moon Drive / West Half Moon Drive is a loop around the island; it is impossible to miss the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum.
Click here to view all markers at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum
The marker is affixed to "The Jammer"
The Jammer and marker is located at the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp.
Follow the signs to the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum.
The marker is located at Carson Park.
Carson Park is located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.