© Photographed May 31, 2015
Neillsville, Clark County, Wisconsin
In 1976, as a part of the bicentennial celebration, a group of Minnesota businessmen joined together to form a foundation. They wanted to insure that the youth of America learned about our heritage. They commissioned from France a replica of the Liberty Bell. They had the bell mounted on a trailer and one of their members traveled across the United States with the Liberty Bell. In the course of 20 years he visited 31 states and talked to over 1 million children.
The Liberty Bell was originally cast at London's Whitechapel Foundry in 1752 and shipped to Philadelphia. Finding the bell flawed, local brassfounder John Stow hired John Pass to recast a new bell. The bell hung in the Pennsylvania State House for many years. The bell's name comes from the inscription "Proclaim Liberty throughout all the Land unto all the inhabitants thereof".
The bell is located at the entrance to The Highground, located at 7301 Ridge Road, Neillsville, Wisconsin 54456.
The Highground: The Liberty Bell