© Photographed April 18, 2015
Designated September 29, 1976
Erected by Middleton Landmarks Commission
Middleton, Dane County, Wisconsin
THE ROWLEY HOUSE
A century home, having been owned and lived in by one family for over 100 years. Built in 1867 by Dr. Numan C. Rowley, at a cost of $800. In 1871, he son, Dr. Antinous A. Rowley moved in and continued the practice. Here, his son, Dr. Antinous G. Rowley became the 3rd Dr. Rowley. His half sister, Arlene Rowley Morhoff, is the present owner and resident.
NOTE: It would appear the foregoing test is out of date, as the property is now home to the Middleton Area Historical Society.
The Rowley House is now home to the Middleton Area Historical Society, located on westbound Hubbard Avenue, west of its intersection with Middleton Street, at 7412 Hubbard Avenue, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562.
See also these related markers:
The plaque is mounted to the facade, to the left of the entrance.
The Rowley House National Register of Historic Places plaque
is visible to the far left.
Heritage #244: Historic Museum is located
just around the corner from The Rowley House.
The Rowley House is located in Middleton, Wisconsin.