Photographed April 18, 2015
Erected by Monona Landmarks Commission
Monona, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.152′ N, 89° 20.215′ W
GEORGE KALBFLEISCH, JR. FARM HOUSE
This typical Wisconsin frame farmhouse was built by the son of a German immigrant on a forty-acre parcel. The land was later used as a truck farm and mink ranch. In 1950 an old chicken house on the property was converted to serve as the first Catholic Church in Monona. The farmhouse became the rectory.
The property is located on westbound West Dean Avenue, at its intersection with Roigan Terrace, at or near 706 West Dean Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53716.
NOTE: The marker is on the West Dean Avenue side of the property.
View of the farm house from Roigan Terrace.