Photographed March 28, 2015
Erected 1970 by Milwaukee Landmarks Commission.
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.558′ N, 87° 54.087′ W
WOMENS [sic] CLUB OF WISCONSIN
The property is located on eastbound East Kilbourn Avenue, east of its intersection with North Cass Street, at 813 East Kilbourn Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.Erected in 1888 and designated in 1970 as a landmark of the City of Milwaukee by the Milwaukee Landmarks Commission in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
Nearly impossible to access -- nowhere to park, one-way streets, very frustrating.
The property is the oldest woman's clubhouse in the United States. It was built in 1887 and designed by architects Ferry & Clas.
Woman's Club of Wisconsin History
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
This image is in the public domain.