© Photographed July 20, 2015
Erected 1965 by Emmanuel Church,
Jefferson Wisconsin Conference Historical Society
Helenville, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
43° 1.116′ N, 88° 43.176′ W
On this site stood the Zion Helenville (Walther's) Evangelical Church dedicated in 1854. The first Evangelical service in this vicinity was held May 20, 1843 by Rev. J. G. Miller. Recommended to the ministry by this church were John M. Walther, Jr., L. F. Emmert, George Keller and F. W. Schoeller. Five ministers are buried in this cemetery.The First Session Wisconsin Conference (Ev) Evangelical United Brethern Church was held in this church, May 6-11, 1857 with Bishop John Seybert presiding. Rev. C. A. Schnacke was secretary. There were 29 ministers in the conference with a membership of 2,004.