One of my favorite Washington County locations,
Mill Road Church in the Village of Jackson.
NOTE: I include the following caveat regarding visiting the sites recognized by the Washington County Landmarks Commission. There are challenges to accessing many of the the markers for viewing:
- the markers are very small -- impossible to read unless directly in front of them.
- most markers are on privately-owned residential properties and displayed in places that require entering onto the property to read them (I do not feel comfortably entering onto private property, and instead use a zoom lens to photograph the marker).
- a very great number of the markers are in locations that include the risk of accident / injury to view / access -- primarily because they are located on very busy roadways with nowhere to legally / safely pull over and / or park.
That said, on the post for each marker in this series will be an additional comment on the ease and safety in accessing the marker.
- 1977: Christ Church Museum and Cemetery
- 1982: St. John Evangelical Church
- 97-001: Jacob Shunk Farmhouse
- 03-001: The Livery
- 1990: St. Lawrence Church
- 03-005: Willard R. Amidon Home
- 06-002: Lohr's Gas Station
- 07-002: Westphal Mission Inn
- 09-002: Cedar Lake Yacht Club
- 00-001: Backhaus Estate
- 03-003: Boltonville Mill
- 03-004: Boltonville Church
- 11-001: Homestad of William Hausmann, M.D.
- 11-002: Homestead of N. Edward Hausmann, M.D.
- 1978: Esker
- 1978: Washington House
- 95-002: Verbeck Residence
- 96-002: Lizard Mound Park
- 96-003: St. Peter’s Church
- 00-002: Washington County Courthouse Square
- 03-002: Stephan F. Mayer Home
- 04-001: Tuchscherer Residence
- 06-001: Schubert Cheese Factory
- 07-001: James Kneeland House
Another lovely location, Schubert Cheese Factory in West Bend.