St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church (1866) (32)

© Photographed September 22, 2014 and August 24, 2017
Erected by Omro Area Historical Society
Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.033563,-88.742342
Google Map

St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church
233 E. Scott Street
1866
Gothic Revival-style pointed arch doors and windows coupled with Greek Revival-style corner pilasters and returned eaves are evidence of the steady growth and evolving architectural heritage of St. Mary's church. Originally built in 1866, the frame construction clapboard-sided church was first enlarged between 1913 and 1918, when the beautiful stained glass windows were installed, and once again in 1935 when the building was moved onto a new full basement story. The most recent addition occurred in 1989, when the sensitively designed St. Mary Center was constructed next to the original church at a cost of $500,000.
St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church and marker are located on westbound East Scott Street, at its intersection with northbound Madison Avenue, at 233 East Scott Street, Omro, Wisconsin 54963.

St. Mary Catholic Church

Click here to view all markers and sites included in the City of Omro Historical Tour.

The marker faces Madison Avenue, on the right corner of the facade.


 The marker is visible on the far right corner of the facade.



The original marker, photographed September 22, 2014.

The marker is on the right corner of the facade, next to the red door.


Gorgeous day, beautiful building!

The marker is located in Omro, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment