Earle and McGuire Building (ca. 1895-1900) (16)

© Photographed August 24, 2017
Erected 1995 by Omro Area Historical Society
Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.039198,-88.744354
Google Map

Earle and McGuire Building   ca. 1895-1900
100 East Main Street
This lot was once the site of George Shafer's three story brick block, which was Omro's finest commercial building until it was destroyed by fire around 1878. The lot then sat vacant until Earle and McGuire built the cream brick building we see today in the last years of the nineteenth century. These men ran a grocery story here which was soon after succeeded by that of Henry Seifert, who operated his until 1923. The building was then bought by the Omro Cooperative Shipping Association and used as their store until 1966. The building is located within the Onro Downtown Historic District.
The Earle and McGuire Building and marker are located on eastbound East Main Street / Wisconsin Highway 21, at its intersection with South Webster Avenue / County Highway F, at 100 East Main Street, Omro, Wisconsin 54963.

Click here to view all markers and sites included in the City of Omro Historical Tour.

 The marker is affixed to the facade, to the right of the entrance.




The old marker, photographed September 22, 2014.

The marker is located in Omro, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment