Site 6: Waubeka Fire House

© Photographed July 24, 2014 and September 29, 2017
Erected 2008 by The National Flag Day Foundation
Waubeka, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
43.474107,-87.990952

Chief Waubeka Historical Trail
Site 6
Waubeka Fire House

This tiny but functional building is typical of
early firehouses built in small towns. The
building had just enough space for equipment
storage and was capped by a prominent tower to
house the bell. As the firefighters were
volunteers summoned to the fire station by a bell,
there was no need for living quarters or office
space.

The first horse [sic] drawn hand pumper was
purchased by the community in 1899.
The Waubeka Fire Department was organized
on February 4th, 1901.
This structure served the local community from the time of its construction in 1904 until the current structure on River Road was completed in 1963.
The property is located on westbound Center Street, just west of its intersection with Cigrand Drive / County Highway H, at W4112 Center Street, Waubeka, Wisconsin 53021.

The marker is included in the Chief Waubeka Historical Trail created by the National Flag Day Foundation.









 The Waubeka Fire House is located on the Chief Waubeka Trail.

The marker and fire house are located in Waubeka, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment