© Photographed May 18, 2014 and October 19, 2017
Ephraim, Door County, Wisconsin
45° 9.717′ N, 87° 10.335′ W
Aslag Anderson, Norwegian born mill-wright, built this store and dock in 1858.
The dock served as the transportation center for this area from the sailing days through the steamship era in the 1920's.
On Anderson's death in 1892, two of his children, Adolph and Lizzie, took over the management of the store and dock. In 1952 the dock was acquired by the village. With the aid of the Ephraim Foundation, it was restored to its present condition.
This stone is erected in honor of Aslag, Adolph and Lizzie Anderson who made this dock and store so meaningful to Ephraim.
Anderson Dock is located on southbound North Water Street / Wisconsin Highway 42, at its intersection with Anderson Lane, at 3081 Anderson Lake, Ephraim, Wisconsin 54211.
The location is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Door County.
See also, Wisconsin's Maritime Trails: Early Steamboat Tourism and Anderson Dock, also at this location.
A view of the store (the back side of the marker is in the foreground, to the left).
The building is now home to non-profit The Hardy Gallery.