In Honor Of Our Commercial Fishing Families

 © Photographed March 29, 2014
Erected May 19, 2013 by
The Christmas Tree Ship Rouse Simmons Project
The French Canadian and Friends Organization
Rogers Street Fishing Village and Great Lakes Coast Guard Museum
Two Rivers, Manitowoc County, Wisconsin
44.153152, -87.562382
Google Map

IN HONOR OF OUR COMMERCIAL FISHING FAMILIES
Dedicated May 19, 2013

Native Americans were actively fishing from an Indian village called
Nsehotah when the French arrived in the late 1700's. French
Canadian families settled here in 1837 (sic) renaming the village Deux
Rivieres (Two Rivers). The commercial fishing industry began at
that time and is still active to this day.

Rogers Street Fishing Village exists now in what had become known
as the French East Side and is listed on the National Register of
Historic Places.

The Fisherman Status was realized through the donations of many
people in this area and through the nation and was facilitated
through the efforts of the volunteers and members of:

The Christmas Tree Ship Rouse Simmons Project
The French Canadian and Friends Organization
Rogers Street Fishing Village and Great Lakes Coast Guard Museum

The marker and statue are located at Rogers Street Fishing Village on southbound Jackson Street, just south of its intersection with 22nd Street / Wisconsin Highway 147, at 2102 Jackson Street, Two Rivers, Wisconsin 54241.

Rogers Street Fishing Village

The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.

Click here to view all markers at Rogers Street Fishing Village.





The marker and statue are located at Rogers Street Fishing Village.

See also, Two Rivers Lighthouse, also at this location.

The marker is located in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment