Mamre Moravian Church

© Photographed August 12, 2013
Town of Aztalan, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
43° 4.353′ N, 88° 51.735′ W
Google Map

MAMRE MORAVIAN CHURCH
This one room log church was built in 1861 by German settlers north of Milford near the Crawfish River. In 1874 it was moved one mile east to Highway Q where it was enlarged to serve as a school room and to house the pastor's family. In 1996 the addition was removed and the original building was disassembled and moved to its present site. The building was rededicated as an historic church on July 25, 1999
The marker is on the grounds of the Aztalan Museum, located at N6284 County Highway Q, at its intersection with County Highway B, Lake Mills, Wisconsin 53551.





 The marker is located at the Lake Mills Aztalan Historic Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment