Black Hawk War Monument

© Photographed May 7, 2017
Erected 1908 by Fort Atkinson Daughters of the American Revolution
Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
42° 55.604′ N, 88° 49.894′ W
Google Map 

Near this spot General Atkinson
Built a stockade in the Blackhawk
War 1832. To mark this historic
ground The Fort Atkinson Daughters
of The American Revolution Place
This Memorial 1908.

The marker is located in the 400 block of Milwaukee Avenue East, just east of its intersection with Roland Avenue, at or near 407 Milwaukee Avenue East, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin 53538.

This marker is included in the "black hawk war" marker series. Use the "black hawk war" label, below, to locate all markers in this series included on the Wisconsin Historical Markers website.


Wikipedia: Black Hawk War

Education for Liberation: Black Hawk: Chief of the Sauk Nation 

See also, Marker 152: Fort Koshkonong, also at this location. 



 See also, Marker 152: Fort Koshkonong (visible to the left),
also at this location.
First visited August 12, 2013.

Sauk Chief Makataimeshekiakiah, or Black Hawk (1837)
This media file is in the public domain.



Screenshots of vintage postcard provided by  CardCow.com.
Black Hawk War Monument, Fort Atkinson, Wis.
Erected by Fort Atkinson D.A.R., marking
position of the fort held by General Atkinson
during the Black Hawk War.

Near this spot General Atkinson built a stockade in the
Blackhawk War of 1832     Fort Atkinson, Wis. (circa 1950's)

The marker is located in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment