Christ Church

© Photographed October 1, 2012 and July 16, 2016
 Erected 1977 by Washington County Landmark Commission
Germantown, Washington County, Wisconsin
43.250226,-88.143117
Google Map

CHRIST CHURCH
Center of the settlement established by German-Hunsruck pioneers, the Christ Evangelical Church was founded in 1842. This limestone edifice, replacing a log church, was completed in 1862 on land donated by Phillip Dhein.
Christ Church Museum and cemetery are located at the intersection of Maple Road, Holy Hill Road, and Fond du Lac Avenue / Wisconsin Highway 145, across from the Germantown Historical Society / Dheinsville Historic Park  at N128 W18780 Holy Hill Road, Germantown, WI 53022. 


National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin 

The marker is one of a series of markers placed by the Washington County Landmarks Commission.












Fall colors and tombstones -- photography heaven!!!










The founders of Dheinsville:
Johann Philipp Dhein and his wife, Maria Margarita Klumb Dhein, 
and their son Johann Philipp Dhein and his wife, Catherine Elizabeth.


Christ Church is located at Dheinsville Settlement
in Germantown, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment