First Permanent Colony in Door County

© Photographed April 12 and October 20, 2017
Erected 1923
Ephraim, Door County, Wisconsin
45.155377,-87.17063
Near
this spot
a Moravian
congregation
Reverend
A.M. Iverson Pastor
landed May, 1853,
forming the first
permanent colony
in Door County.
Erected 1923

The marker is located on southbound Water Street South / Wisconsin Highway 42, Ephraim, Wisconsin 54211.





This marker is directly across the street from historic
Wilson's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor (visible to the right).

Revisited October 20, 2017, just after sunrise:



 Ephraim Harbor, with Peninsula State Park in the distance.


The marker is located in Ephraim, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment