Fountain of Youth

© Photographed November 25, 2017
Dedicated 2008
Sparta, Monroe County, Wisconsin
43°56'40.2"N 90°48'42.2"W
43.944495, -90.811731

Fountain of Youth

In 1865 Sparta became the
"Saratoga Of The West" as its
mineral waters cured many diseases.
Hotels featured bathing
accommodations for medical relief.
This is a replica of the Courthouse
artesian fountain that flowed
many years.

The marker is located at the entrance to the Sparta Library parking lot and is accessible from westbound West Main Street, just east of its intersection with South Court Street / North Court Street, at or near 124 West Main Street, Sparta, Wisconsin 54656.

See also, Petit Cabin, also at this location.


The plaque is on the left.


The marker is to the right of the Sparta Library.

The marker is at the Electric Car Charging Station.


The marker is located in Sparta, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment