In Honor of St. Lawrence of Brindisi

© Photographed July 17, 2017
Erected 1932 by the loyal
and grateful alumni of the laurentianum
Mt. Calvary, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
43.822906, -88.250142

VIRTUTE VIXIT   FAMA VIVIT
GLORIA VIVET

This monument in honor of
ST. LAWRENCE OF BRINDISI
was erected by the loyal
and grateful alumni of the
laurentianum and dedicated
in commemoration of
THE DIAMOND JUBILEE
of the foundation of
the Province of St. Joseph
of the Capuchin Order

SANCTE LAURENTI
nostra corono et gloria
ora pro nobis

1857           1932

The marker and statue are located at the quad at St. Lawrence Seminary High School, located at
Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, O.F.M. Cap. (22 July 1559 – 22 July 1619), born Giulio Cesare Russo, was a Roman Catholic priest and a theologian as well as a member of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. He was beatified on 1 June 1783 and was canonized as a saint on 8 December 1881. He was named a Doctor of the Church in 1959.

St. Lawrence Seminary High School




Lawrence of Brindisi
This media file is in the public domain;

The marker is located at St. Lawrence Seminary.


The marker and statue are located in Mt. Calvary, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment