© Photographed June 21, 2017
Neenah, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
The Hiram Smith Octagon House was built on this site in 1856 by Edward Smith (1822-1980), a prosperous flour mill owner. Edward's brother and business partner, Hiram Smith (1829-1900) and Hiram's wife, Vesta (1844-1919) later lived in the home from 1873 until 1919. The home changed hands several times after that until the Quinn family purchased it in 1932. The Quinns sold the home to the Neenah Historical Society in 1993. The Octagon House now features exciting on-going exhibitions related to the stories and history of Neenah.The Octagon House is located on the grounds of the Neenah Historical Society, and is accessible from westbound Smith Street, west of its intersection with Torrey Street, at or near 343 Smith Street, Neenah, Wisconsin 54956.
Visit our website for up-to-date information on the current exhibit and additional programs: Neenahhistoricalsociety.com or call us at (920) 729-0244.
Neenah Historical Society
The north side of the Octagon House,
once on the river's edge.
The marker is located on the grounds of the Neenah Historical Society.
The marker is located in Neenah, Wisconsin.