Anton Bang Meat Market (3)

© Photographed May 3, 2017
Omro, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.039447, -88.744103

Anton Bang Meat Market   1927
115 E. Main Street
One of Main Street’s more modest resources is this small concrete block building, which Anton Bang built in 1927, to house his meat market. Bang operated this business until he retired in 1936, and was then succeeded by others and by a restaurant that occupied the building for many years. This building is located within the Omro Downtown Historic District.
Intact buildings such as this one, while not of the highest importance individually, are still of value for what they can teach us about the past. Intact historic streetscapes in small cities such as Omro are typically a mix of the large and the small, the elaborate and the simple, and the old and the not so old. Such diversity is valuable and needs to be respected.

The marker is affixed to the Anton Bang Meat Market building located at 115 E. Main Street, accessible from eastbound East Main Street / Wisconsin Highway 21, just east of its intersection with South Webster Avenue, Omro, Wisconsin 54963.


The small plaque is affixed to the facade
to the left of the entrance.


The Albatross Historical Mural, also at this location.

The buildings to the east of the meat market.

The Anton Bang Meat Market is located in Omro, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment