© Photographed November 5, 2016
Erected 1967 by Grassland Dairy
and Central Wisconsin Broadcasting
Neillsville, Clark County, Wisconsin
Chatty Bell is located at WCCN AM/FM on westbound East Division Street / U.S. Route 10, west of its intersection with Industrial Park Drive, at or near 1201 East Division Street, Neillsville, Wisconsin 54456.
Chatty Belle Stats:
- "Born" in 1967
- At 16 feet high and 20 feet long, Chatty Belle is 7 times larger than the average cow.
- Chatty Belle received her name as part of the "Giant Talking Cow Contest" sponsored by WCCN FM and WCCN AM in Neillsville, Wisconsin. The contest took place in 1967.
- Over 3,000 entries were submitted with names for the cow.
- First grader Jody Hartl of Loyal, Wisconsin, won the contest. In addition to naming the giant Holstein, she also took home "one hundred pounds of Grassland butter".
- Chatty Belle is so famous she has her own Twitter account and Facebook page.
- If Chatty Belle were a real cow it is estimated should would produce 83,000 pound of milk annually -- that's 270 pounds per day!!
See also, WCCN'S Wisconsin Pavilion of 1964 New York World's Fair, also at this location.
Chatty Belle is included in Wisconsin's Whimsical Roadside Attractions.
Dexter enjoys his visit with Chatty Belle . . .
Chatty Belle is next to WCCN's Wisconsin Pavilion
of 1964 New York World's Fair.
Chatty Belle is located in Neillsville, Wisconsin.