© Photographed August 6, 2016
Erected by Florence County Historical Society
Florence, Florence County, Wisconsin
Webb -- Judge Home
200 Central Avenue
Robert & Estelle Webb built this Queen Anne Victorian
after success in their hardware store during the Florence
mining boom. William Judge was the fifth owner by 1890.
He operated two sawmills and later became sheriff.
William and Maggie's daughter, Anne, lived in the home
into the 1950's after which it became
Olga's (Bomberry) Beauty Shop.
Vacant and deteriorated, Don & Rachel Egelseer purchased
it from the Marlene Dahlgren estate in 2000. Marlene had
saved the home from demolition by the state who wanted
to straighten the S curve on which it it located. In
February 2001, Florence Firefighters saved the home again
from a reconstruction fire.
There is a maple, patterned wood floor in the kitchen,
window crowns, a beautiful cherry winding staircase, and
gingerbread making the Victorian home architecturally
attractive. The home is used for the Florence Co. Historical
Society meetings and shows, office space, and other
cultural and social events in the community
Wisconsin Register August 12, 2013
National Historic Register May 5, 2014
The marker is located in front of the Webb - Judge Home and is accessible from westbound Central Avenue / U.S. Route 2 / 141, east of its intersection with Vulcan Street, at or near 200 Central Avenue, Florence, Wisconsin 54121.
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
The marker is located in Florence, Wisconsin.