© Photographed July 3, 2016
Erected 2010 by DECardy
Sturgeon Bay, Door County, Wisconsin
E. R. Cardy
Built 1872 by
Charles A. Cocagne to replace
a barn burned by the
Great Pestigo [sic] Fire Oct. 8, 1871.
Some of the original hand hewn [sic]
beams charred by the fire were
reused in this structure.
The marker is located at the "Cardy Site" and is accessible from westbound West Spruce Street, east of its intersection with South Hudson Avenue, at or near 322 West Spruce Street, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin 54235.
The "Cardy Site" is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
The marker is on the red granite platform at the corner of the barn.
The barn and marker are located in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.