Riverside Park

© Photographed June 18, 2016
Oskhosh, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
44.014227, -88.537540
44°00'51.2"N 88°32'15.1"W

Riverside Park
Mayor John Voss referred to this spot as “Riverside park" in 1910. The Park Board liked and approved the name. The land had been donated in 1909 by lumberman William Bray in memory of his parents. Bray served in the Wisconsin Assembly in 1909 and was state senator 1915-1917. He also built the Rockwell lighthouse in the nearby harbor. The land was once the McKenzie and Crawford steamship dock and coal yard and in part was intended to provide a public dock for the city.
The marker is located at Riverside Park, along the Oshkosh Riverwalk, adjacent to northbound North Main Street, and is accessible from the Oshkosh Convention Center Parking lot on one-way, eastbound Ceape Avenue, just east of its intersection with North Main Street, at or near



The marker is included in the Oshkosh Parks Historical Markers series.


Looking east, with the Convention Center parking lot
(where to park to access the marker) and Fox River in the distance.

Looking southeast, with the Fox River in the background.

This plaque is next to the marker.


Looking south along the North Main Street Bridge.

Looking north along North Main Street;
the marker is next to the Oshkosh Convention Center.

The pathway leading from the parking lot to the marker location.

View of the marker from the Convention Center parking lot.
The marker is located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment