The School of Pharmacy

© Photographed October 3, 2015
Erected 1974 by The American Institute of the History of Pharmacy
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.074938,-89.403163
Google Map

University of Wisconsin
which began on this site in 1883,
pioneered in America the Bachelor of Science
in Pharmacy as a professional degree
(first awarded 1895) and the Doctor of
Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Specialties
as a research degree (first awarded 1902)

The American Institute of the History of Pharmacy
on the 125th Anniversary of the University, 1974

The marker is located on the UW-Madison campus, on the Bascom Hill Mall, near the northwest corner of South Hall (aka College of Letters and Science building), at or near 1055 Bascom Mall, Madison Wisconsin 53706.

NOTE: There is no parking near the marker location. Driving around and parking at the UW-Madison campus is pretty intense. Be sure to check the Google Map (above) and campus maps (below) before heading out.



The marker is affixed to the west side of the building.


The marker is located at South Hall.


This is the north side of the building, which faces Bascom Hill Mall.
The marker is on the west side of the building.

View of Bascom Hall and statue of Abraham Lincoln from South Hall.

The marker is on the UW-Madison campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment