Blue Mounds, Dane County, Wisconsin
Parish Founded in 1860
First chuch built at
the site of the present
cemeteryin 1860. Parish
then known as St. Simon.
Second church built on
this site in 1883. Re-
named St. James Parish.
Destroyed by fire in 1969
The marker is located at the former location of St. James Parish on southbound County Highway F, between its intersection with County Highway J (to the north) and County Highway ID to the south), Blue Mounds, Wisconsin 53517.
NOTE: The marker is directly across the road from St. James Catholic Cemetery. The cemetery is easy to spot; the marker not to easy.
Dexter enjoying a morning run (above and below)
Nearby fields, covered with frost.