© Photographed October 16, 2016
Erected 1979 by Mr. and Mrs. Walter F. Wirth
Mount Horeb, Dane County, Wisconsin
These grounds were the site of three Immanuel Lutheran Churches of German Valley. The Congregation was organized in 1856 and met at the homes of members until the first church was built in 1867. A larger church was built in 1894 which was struck and burned by lightning in 1906. A third church was built in 1907 and was razed in 1953. The present Immanuel Lutheran Church is located in Mt. Horeb at 310 West Main Street.
This marker was erected by Mr. and Mrs. Walter F. Wirth
in memory of their grandson
Roderick W. Wirth
The marker is located at East Blue Mounds Cemetery on westbound Barton Road, at its T-intersection with East Blue Mounds Road, Mount Horeb, Wisconsin 53572.
With the cemetery visible to the left.
Looking east at the cemetery . . .
Civil War (above) and World War II / Korea (below) soldiers buried at the cemetery.
Very easy to access the marker location.
The marker and cemetery are located in the outskirts of Mount Horeb, Wisconsin.