Madison Club

© Phographed October 3, 2015
Erected 2012 by the Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43° 4.356′ N, 89° 22.864′ W
Google Map

MADISON CLUB
Frank Riley, Architect
1916-1918
The Madison Club, Madison's premiere social club, was designed in the Georgian Revival style by master Madison architect Frank Riley. Artfully executed in red brick with concrete classical ornament including columns, friezes, portico and urns, the building is among Riley's finest non-residential designs. Teddy Roosevelt, who stayed at the Madison Club on May 28, 1918, informally dedicated the building by raising the Club's flag. Also significant for its association with prominent Madison businessmen and leaders. The Club is the city's oldest, continuously operating social club.
Designated February 21, 1994
Madison Landmarks Commission

The marker and building are located on eastbound East Wilson Street, at its intersection with Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard, at or near 5 East Wilson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.


The marker is in the ground, visible at the base of the tree.


Nearby view of the Wisconsin capital building.

Screenshot of vintage postcard provided by CardCow.com.
The marker is located in Madison, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment