John F. Gierach House 1895

© Photographed October 25, 2015
Erected 2001 by Village of Thiensville Historic Preservation Commission
Thiensville, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
43.232108,-87.982496
Google Map

JOHN F. GIERACH HOUSE 1895
Built on the site of master brewer Charles Engels home. A blacksmith, Gierach was elected first Village President in 1910 and later operated a general store. The Thiensville phone company switchboard operated from the home's kitchen 1908 until 1942.
The marker is located on southbound Green Bay Road, south of its intersection with Riverview Drive, at 153 Green Bay Road, Mequon Wisconsin 53092.

Village of Thiensville Historic Preservation Commission

Use the "Village of Thiensville Historic Buildings" label below to view all landmarked properties in Thiensville; there are many. 




The property is located in the Green Bay Road Historic District,
listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin: Ozaukee County.

No comments:

Post a Comment