Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing Co. Office Building 1885

© Photographed May 14, 2017
Designated 2004 by Madison Landmarks Commission
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.088474,-89.364968
FULLER & JOHNSON
MANUFACTURING CO. OFFICE BUILDING
1885; ADDITIONS C. 1892 AND 1909
This building is significant for its association with Madison's industrial history. It is all that remains of the once expansive Fuller & Johnson Manufacturing Co., a producer of farm implements and the first major industry in Madison. The building is also significant for its association with John A. Johnson, the firm's president. Johnson, a former state senator, was a leading industrialist credited with establishing Madison as a manufacturing center, and who organized Madison's two largest turn of the century manufacturing firms (Fuller & Johnson and Gisholt Manufacturing Co).
Designated September 7, 2004
Madison Landmarks Commission

The marker is located on westbound East Washington Avenue / U.S. Route 151, west of its intersection with North Dickenson Street, at 1344 East Washington Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53703.

Madison Landmarks Commission: Nomination Form

The property is now home to Pasqual's Cantina




 The building entrance.

 The small plaque, visible in the distance to the right,
is placed in the center of the building facade.

 The property is now home to a Mexican restaurant.

The entire length of the building,
with the marker visible in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment