Artists Colony

© Photographed October 11, 2015
Painted June 2015 by Walldogs
Sponsor: Community Bank CBD
Project Leaders: Andy Goretski and Kurt Gaber
42.633456,-88.646485**

DELAVAN
Artists Colony
The Delavan art era started in 1865 when Emaline Cole Sturtevant opened a home studio and offered art lessons. In 1890, lessons were available from six established artists.

In 1892 the Art Institute of Chicago conducted summer sketching classes under the lead of Professor John H. Vanderpoel. Delavan was chosen as an art site because of the natural beauty of city and countryside.
The mural is painted on the north side of the Baymont Inn & Suites Delavan building on westbound  East Walworth Avenue / County Highway O / Wisconsin Highway 11, just west of its intersection with North 2nd Street, at or near 215 East Walworth Avenue, Delavan, Wisconsin 53115.

**NOTE: The mural is on the north side of the building and is accessible from an alley behind the building. The alley is accessible from northbound North 2md Street, at its T-intersection with Park Place.

GazetteXtra (June 25, 2015): Spreading paint and happiness: Walldogs descend on Delavan

The mural is No. 7 in a series of Delavan Walldogs Murals.

Click here to view links to all Delavan Walldogs Murals.


The mural is No. 7 in a series of Delavan Walldogs Murals.


The mural is located in historic Delavan, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment