U.S. Coast Guard Tribute

© Photographed September 13, 2015
Erected 2015 by Milwaukee County War Memorial Center
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43.040469,-87.897009
Google Map

U.S. Coast Guard
The United States Coast Guard was established on August 7, 1790, when President George Washington authorized the construction of 10 vessels to enforce trade laws to prevent smuggling. In times of peace, it operates under the Department of Homeland Security. In times of war, the U.S. Coast Guard serves as part of the U.S. Navy.

Coast Guard Sector Lake Michigan comprises 21 Coast Guard stations responsible for 1,638 miles of shoreline and approximately 19,000 square miles of surface water.
The memorial is located at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center at 750 North Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.

Milwaukee County War Memorial Center: Five newly-installed granite markers

Milwaukee County War Memorial Center

USCG: Sector Lake Michigan

United States Coast Guard

These tributes are also at this location


The U.S. Coast Guard Tribute is on the far right.


The U.S. Coast Guard Tribute is located at

No comments:

Post a Comment