St. John Cathedral

© Photographed September 13, 2015
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43.041716,-87.904186
SAINT JOHN CATHEDRAL
The first church built in Wisconsin specifically as a Roman Catholic Cathedral, dedicated in 1852, and designated in 1974 as a Milwaukee Landmark in recognition of its architectural and historical significance to the community.
The Cathedral is located at 812 North Jackson Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.

The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist

The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.

These markers / monuments are also at this location:

 The small plaque is mounted to the facade,
and is visible at the far right.


 Statue on the left . . .

 Statue on the right . . .



 Eagle on the left . . .

 Eagle on the right . . .


Screenshot of vintage postcard provided by CardCow.com.
St. John's Cathedral, Milwaukee
(NOTE: The brick building to the right no longer exists.)


 The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.




 Statue on the right side of the cathedral.




Statue of Pope John Paul II, inside the locked courtyard.
St. John Cathedral is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment