© Photographed September 13, 2015
Erected 1930 by Old Settlers Club of Milwaukee County
Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
43° 2.235′ N, 87° 54.527′ W
The first house on this corner was Solomon Juneau's residence, built in -1835. The Wisconsin Marine and Fire Insurance Co. and its successor, the Marine National Bank occupied this site from -1846-to-1930. The present building was erected in -1876 by Alexander Mitchell.
This tablet was placed under the auspices of the
Old Settlers Club of Milwaukee County in 1930.
The marker is affixed to the northwest corner of the Mitchell building and is accessible from northbound North Water Street, at its intersection with Michigan Avenue, at or near 207 East Michigan Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.
The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.
The small plaque is mounted to the west side of the building,
second pillar from the left.
The north (left) and west (right) sides of the building.