Marshall Cabin

 © Photographed September 20, 2015
Erected 1983 by Door County Historical Society
Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin
45.073314,-87.120121

MARSHALL CABIN
This cabin was built about 1854 as the home of William and Mary Jane Marshall. It originally stood near Fish Creek on property which now is part of Peninsula State Park. Mrs. Marshall was a daughter of increase claflin, who is noted for being the first white settler of Door County-1835. Her obituary reads: “No children ever came to cheer their lives.”
Dedicated as part of the Ridges Sanctuary July 16, 1983.
Door County Historical Society

The cabin and marker are located at Ridges Sanctuary in Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin 54202. Access the cabin and marker from eastbound County Highway Q, east of its intersection with Wisconsin Highway 57, and follow the signs (see below).





 The pathway to the cabin . . .

 Follow the sign "To Trail Parking" to access the cabin and marker.

 The entrance to Ridges Sanctuary, with County Q in the background.

The marker is locate din Bailey's Harbor, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment