UW Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences: Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation

© Photographed August 1, 2015
Erected April 2001 by UW Foundation
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.075225,-89.410284
Google Map

University of Wisconsin Madison
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

WISCONSIN ALUMNI RESEARCH FOUNDATION
The Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, incorporated in 1925, was created to make the discoveries of University of Wisconsin scientists available to the public. WARF patents return royalties to the University to support new research. The idea to create WARF came from UW biochemist Harry Steenbock, who had discovered a year earlier that irradiation of food products would create vitamin D components thus preventing rickets and other bone diseases. Since that time, WARF has returned hundreds of millions of dollars of royalties and investment income to the University for research in all fields. Many academic institutions have now adopted the WARF model for technology transfer.
The marker is located at the entrance to Agricultural Hall on westbound Linden Drive, at its T-intersection with Henry Mall, at 1450 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706.

NOTE: Driving around and parking at the UW-Madison campus can be harrowing. Be sure to check the Google Map (above) and campus maps (below) before heading out.


UW-Madison Map and Parking

Historical Markers Highlight Accomplishments At UW-Madison AG College (Thursday, April 12th, 2001)

The Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation




The marker is on the left side of the staircase.



The marker is located on the campus of UW-Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment