UW Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences: Forging Agrarian Democracy

© Photographed August 1, 2015
Erected April 2001 by UW Foundation
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
43.075225,-89.410284
Google Map

University of Wisconsin Madison
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

FORGING AGRARIAN DEMOCRACY
The modern discipline of agricultural and applied economics owes much to University of Wisconsin scholars Henry C. Taylor and Benjamin H. Hibbard for their seminal work on the economic, political, and social meaning of land ownership. Agricultural economists Kenneth H. Parsons and Raymond J. Penn continued and deepened Wisconsin's commitment to the traditions of land and institutional economics, emphasizing land-use planning and resources policy, public interest in private land, and the role of the family farm. After World War II the philosophies of these agricultural economists helped guide and democratize agrarian and land-tenure policies around the world.
The marker is located at the entrance to Agricultural Hall on westbound Linden Drive, at its T-intersection with Henry Mall, at 1450 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706.

NOTE: Driving around and parking at the UW-Madison campus can be harrowing. Be sure to check the Google Map (above) and campus maps (below) before heading out.


UW-Madison Map and Parking


An "official social and professional organization of graduate students, faculty, and staff in the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics at the University of Wisconsin".

Historical Markers Highlight Accomplishments At UW-Madison AG College (Thursday, April 12th, 2001)

See also, UW Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences: Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, also at this location.

Click here for a list of all markers located on the UW-Madison campus.




The marker is to the right of the staircase . . .


The marker is located on the campus of UW-Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment