Dogtown-Fish Hatchery School 1860-1919

 © Photographed August 15, 2015
Erected by The Fitchburg Historical Society and The City of Fitchburg
Fitchburg, Dane County, Wisconsin
42.979286,-89.420308

DOGTOWN-FISH HATCHERY SCHOOL
District No. 9
Originally at the NW corner of Fish Hatchery and Lacy Roads, the Dogtown School was later relocated ½ mile north and called the Fish Hatchery School. The Gorman Family relocated and restored the one room schoolhouse on this site in 1989.
1860-1919

The schoolhouse and marker are located on westbound Whalen Road, about a mile west of its intersection with South Fish Hatchery Road, in the 5500 block of Whalen Road, Fitchburg, Wisconsin 53575.

NOTE: It is very easy to miss this schoolhouse, which is set back off the road and hidden by trees and shrubs. The schoolhouse is on the south side of the road, and is easier to spot driving eastbound from Caine Road.



The marker is located in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment