© Photographed August 15, 2015
Oregon, Dane County, Wisconsin
117 South Main Street
Marvin Hardware / Masonic Lodge
This Romanesque Revival style building possesses an intact storefront with an off-center entrance, paneled wood kick-plates, multi-paned transom and a cast-iron lintel with rosettes.Individual listing on the National Register in 1992, claimed the building was assembled in two parts. Henry H. Marvin opened a hardware store in Oregon c.1875. Marvin was in business in an earlier building on this site by 1877. This existing building housed the Marvin Hardward Company from 1898 until c.1912Marvin retained ownership of the building until 1920, leasing it to Earl Prichard and Patrick Cusick, hardware dealers. Prichard and Cusick were in business together until 1940, when George Peterson bought out Prichard. Peterson and Cusick continued the business, while Prichard retained ownership of the building until his death in 1945. Peterson then bought the building keeping it until 1971. The Masonic Lodge was located in this building until 1961.
The marker and building are located on southbound South Main Street, south of its intersection with Janesville Street, at 117 South Main Street, Oregon, Wisconsin 53575.
The small plaque is mounted to the facade,
visible to the far right (next to the orange door).
The building and marker are located in Oregon, Wisconsin.