WRL-80: The Island Church

© Photographed July 21, 2015
Erected 1970 by Wisconsin Council for Local History
Waterloo, Jefferson County, Wisconsin
43° 9.672′ N, 88° 55.258′ W
Google Map

THE ISLAND CHURCH
Built in 1863, St. Wenceslaus Church served families who came chiefly from Bohemia and Germany. The little church, significant in Wisconsin’s architectural heritage, closed in 1891. It still opens for special Masses.
The marker is located at the intersection of Island Church Road and Blue Joint Road, Waterloo, Wisconsin 53594.


This marker and location are included in the Wisconsin Registered Landmarks program (1964-1973).

 The marker is affixed to the red granite stone to the right.






 There is a small cemetery on the property.

 Nearby farm.




 The church and marker are located in Waterloo, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment