Photographed July 13, 2015
Bay City, Pierce County, Wisconsin
The River Bluffs History Center is located on East Main Street, east of its intersection with Wabash Street, at W6321 East Main Street, Bay City, Wisconsin 54723.
Pierce County Historical Association: River Bluffs History Center
The foregoing content is used with permission of Pierce County Historical Association.Formerly St. John's Lutheran Church, the River Bluffs History Center stands on a terrace above the east bank of the Mississippi River's Lake Pepin. Built in 1933, the 28 X 60 foot building was donated to PCHA in 1995 along with its hand-carved Altar, communion rail and pulpit, its organ and five pews, and the furnishings of the lower level fellowship room. PCHA volunteers and professional workers re-roofed, resided and redecorated the building. In 2001, the building was made handicapped accessible. It serves as an interpretive center for special history exhibits and an event facility for PCHA fundraisers and meetings.
The "Original Conlin Log House Built 1856" is also at this location.
The City Hall is just down the street.
Nearby cool caboose on Highway 35 (Great River Road) . . .
River Bluffs History Center is located in Bay City, Wisconsin.