Pioneer Cemetery

© Photographed July 4, 2015
Erected by New Berlin Landmarks Commission
 New Berlin, Waukesha County, Wisconsin
42.970332,-88.165344

Pioneer Cemetery
The Landmarks Commission of the City of New Berlin engaged Accurate Underground Verification LLC to electronically survey and provide a ground penetrating radar (GPR) ad 3D analysis of the primary area that comprised the German Evangelical Protestant Cemetery. The 2011 representation depicted shows the results. The last known burials at this site occurred in the early 1870's. Note that many more burials were found during the survey than official records indicate. A complete list of known burials is at the north kiosk near the parking lot. The full AUV analysis may be viewed at www.newberlin.org via the Landmarks Commission link. It is the hope of both the Landmarks Commission and the City of New Berlin that all visitors to this Cemetery respectfully honor this hallowed ground at the last resting place of many of New Berlin's earliest pioneers.
The marker is located at The German Evangelical Protestant Cemetery and is accessible from southbound South Racine Avenue / County Highway Y, about a half mile south of its intersection with Swartz Road, at or near 4041 South Racine Avenue, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53146.

New Berlin Historical Society: The German Evangelical Protestant Cemetery: Burial Record

New Berlin Historical Society: The German Evangelical Protestant Cemetery: Pioneer History


The referenced complete list of known burials
at the north kiosk near the parking lot.




View of the parking lot from the marker location.

Pioneer Cemetery is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment