Peshtigo Fire Cemetery: Windlass

© Photographed July 25, 2015
Peshtigo, Marinette County, Wisconsin
45.055707,-87.753387
Google Map

WINDLASS
This windlass was used by Mr. Edmund Dupuis, Sr., in 1927 to move the present museum building from where it was built on the east side of the Peshtigo River, as a congregational church, to its present location. Horses were used to operate the windlass.
The marker is located at the Peshtigo Fire Cemetery, adjacent to the Peshtigo Fire Museum, located at 400 Oconto Avenue, Peshtigo, Wisconsin 54157.

The Peshtigo Fire Cemetery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places: Wisconsin.



The Peshtigo Fire Cemetery is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
See also, The Peshtigo Fire Cemetery, for more information.

 The Peshtigo Fire Cemetery was honored with the first
"official" Wisconsin Historical Society marker, erected in 1951:
Marker 1: Peshtigo Fire Cemetery

 The Peshtigo Fire Cemetery is located next to the Peshtigo Fire Museum.




Follow the signs to the Peshtigo Fire Cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment